Landolt.com > The Group > Our history

DE | FR | EN

Since 1884, always one step ahead

The Landolt ropery was founded in 1884 and later became a textile manufacturing company. The conversion to nonwovens began in 1960.
Today, Landolt is the leading Swiss manufacturer of nonwovens. Its manufacturing methods and specialisation in indoor building protection and insulation have made the company a segment leader across Europe.

Our history

1884

Johann Landolt founded the ropery in Näfels (canton Glarus)

1920

Fritz LANDOLT, the son of the company founder, converted the ropery into a textile manufacturing company with the legal form of an incorporated company. Founding of the workshops for shredding, textile printing and spinning.

1958

Construction of a production hall for the “wadding factory”

1960

Production converted to nonwovens

1981

Concentration on the production of nonwovens

1994

ISO 9001 certification

1996

Closure of the spinning works and concentration on nonwoven production

2000

Integration of subsidiaries in Germany, Austria, France and Italy

2009

New laminating and coating plant

2010

Introduction of a new printing aggregate for customised inscriptions, logos, texts, etc.